Skip to content
Scroll To Top
- I will ride single file when a car or truck is behind me.
- I will never ride more than two abreast, in accordance with Georgia law. I will not be a road hog. I will yield to riders trying to pass me.
- I will ride as far to the right as practicable, except when making a left turn or when going straight at a right-turn only lane.
- I will call out “car back” or “car up” to riders in front of me.
- I will call out my intentions to riders immediately behind me: “Slowing,” “Stopping,” or “Turning.” I will use traffic hand signals when appropriate.
- I will point to road hazards and/or call out to riders behind me: “Gravel,” “Hole,” “Tracks.”
- I will call out to riders I am about to pass: “On Your Left,” or “Good Morning.” I will never pass on the right.
- I will wear my helmet at all times while on my bike.
- I will obey all traffic signs and signals. I will not call out “Clear” at stop signs or red lights.
- I will always ride defensively. I will always be aware of other riders, vehicles and pedestrians near me. I will never assume I know what they are going to do.
- I will use common sense and courtesy toward motorists and other cyclists while I am on my bike.
- I will provide immediate adult supervision to my bicycling children under age 16.
- I will not ride before daylight or after dusk unless I have proper lights on my bike, in accordance with Georgia law.
- If I stop for any reason, I will get completely off the road.
- I will not wear headphones while riding my bike.
- I understand I will be ejected from the ride if I repeatedly and/or flagrantly violate this Safety Pledge.
- I will obey this SAFETY PLEDGE. If I am riding with minor children (under age 18), I will read it with them, and they will obey it.